Updates From Pastor Lori
Greetings, St. Stephen UMC -
We will be worshiping in person again this Sunday. The local authorities put in place a new directive which went into effect for Tarrant County on Friday, June 26, which requires all people to wear a mask while visiting public establishments. Therefore, if you plan on attending our worship service in person this Sunday, you will be required to wear a mask. If you do not have a mask, you may pick one up in the Narthex.
We are planning to have our worship service in the Sanctuary at 10:45 am. For your safety, the following will occur:
· Prior to our gathering the building will be deep cleaned by our professional cleaning service.
· All items will be removed from the pews including: hymnals, Bibles, pens/pencils, attendance cards and offering envelopes.
· After services we will wipe down the pews with disinfectant.
· Hand sanitizer will be available in the Narthex by the north doors.
· We will limit access to every other pew.
· If there is congregational singing, words of hymns will be on handouts placed on pews prior to the service. All handout material will be prepared and dispersed in a sanitary, hygienic manner.
· Offering plate will be placed in the Narthex; it will not be passed during the service.
· We will not have Sunday School, Bible Classes, Children’s Church. We will keep you posted as to when these ministry programs will resume.
Here are the procedures we would like to ask all worshipers to observe when they arrive on Sunday (and for the immediately following Sundays):
· Enter through the North doors.
· We will enter/exit through the North doors; ushers will dismiss people row by row. (Only the choir will use the door near the altar.)
· Observe proper social distancing of 6’ between families.
· We will stay in place as we greet one another and maintain social distancing of 6 ft. at all times.
· If you are sick, running a fever, coughing, sneezing, please stay home and watch the LIVE STREAM on Facebook.
· If you have underlying health conditions which place you in the at-risk category, please stay home and worship with us on-line.
· We encourage those who are 65 and older to worship with us on-line; however, no one who feels that they would like to attend in person will be turned away.
· Please limit your socializing to outdoor spaces. Sidewalks will be marked in distances of 6’ for social distancing. Do not gather in the Narthex or Hospitality Room prior to or after services.
· Masks must be worn by all adults attending service, per local authorities, and, if necessary, masks will be provided in the Narthex when entering the north doors.
· For Holy Communion, the bread and juice will be prepared hygienically into individual samples just prior to worship, blessed, and distributed to individuals and families in the narthex as they are dismissed.
We are doing everything in our power to provide a safe and meaningful worship experience for God’s people on Sunday. We encourage you to bring your own Bible and pen to take notes... It’s a wonderful way to personalize the Word. May God receive glory, and honor and praise!
In Christ’s Peace,
St. Stephen UMC Church Council